Everyday Stories

Bahrain.com Home Moving & Living Everyday Stories
  • Arun Aravindan

    Category:  Hidden Gems09 March, 2016

    ​   Arun Aravindan worked as a regional consultant in an international firm based in a major city in the Middle East. He experienced great success in his role, and reaped the benefits of working within the burgeoning region. But between 10+ hour work days and relentless traffic, something seemed to be missing.   Then came an opportunity to own a business in Bahrain, buying out an established firm thereby owning 80% of the business - with the remaining 20% owned by his family members.   In Bahrain, he found the work-life balance he craved and a rich social life he lacked, neither of which he was able to enjoy in his previously manic position.   Find out more about Arun's journey and his new lease on life in Bahrain.

    Read More 
  • Deena Al Ansari

    Category:  Inspired Lives09 March, 2016

      ​  After finishing her studies abroad, Deena Al Ansari has set her mind to working, and excelling, in the high-intensity world of Banking. Starting off as a management trainee, she quickly climbed the ranks to become a loans manager within a span of 6 years. She relished the fast pace of her job and thought nothing of the long hours spent at the office - except for one thing. Her late nights meant not having the time to go to a salon for a manicure or a spa for a hard-earned massage.   And that is how The Mobile Spa was born. Recognizing the need for at-home salon services in a country with a growing female workforce, the Mobile Spa caters to professional women whose hectic modern lifestyle prevents them from indulging in the little beauty rituals t...

    Read More 
  • Captain Yasmeen Fraidoon

    Category:  Inspired Lives30 November, 2015

    Read More 
  • Jaap Vaandrager

    Category:  Hidden Gems30 June, 2013

    ​     Jaap Vaandrager runs a Dutch company in Bahrain and at the same time represents the Consulate of The Netherlands. Jaap reflects on his experience to highlight Bahrain's advantages from a business and lifestyle perspective.

    Read More 
  • Jonathan Crosse

    Category:  Hidden Gems17 May, 2013

        Jonathan “Jonty” Crosse was born and educated in the United Kingdom and first arrived in Bahrain for a holiday in July 1972 aged 13. His father, Tony, had just joined, the then, national carrier of the Gulf, “Gulf Aviation” the predecessor to Gulf Air, as a pilot flying Fokker Friendships (F27) then VC10’s, and ultimately the ‘5 Star’ Tristar L1011.   Up until the end of 1987, when Tony retired, Jonty’s mother, Patsy, made Bahrain home for her family at a time when infrastructure was not what it is today and services were more basic. In spite of the challenges, she was able in 1974, along with Sheikha Lulwa Al Khalifa of the Children and Mothers Welfare Society, to establish “Hope House” Bahrain’s first home for the orphaned and handicapped, for whic...

    Read More 
  • Roaya Saleh

    Category:  Inspired Lives23 April, 2013

        Roaya Saleh is a Bahraini mother of 4 boys. Finding little professional satisfaction in the world of Banking, she decided to indulge her passion and  established “Villa Mama’s” a restaurant in the Saar area of Bahrain that serves fresh, organic Bahraini cuisine. Her enthusiasm is undeniable when she explains “I wanted to add my weight to the desire Bahrainis have in preserving their heritage, and food was my way of doing that," With unmistakable business gen, Roaya is Head Chef and owner of “Villa Mama’s” leading her dedicated team of kitchen professionals, she shouts commands and follows orders from the main stove in her Kitchen, aware and eager that every single meal that leaves her kitchen is just as the customer wants it. “How can I ask my ...

    Read More 
Showing 6 / 6